Parapsychology Research and Education -- ParaMOOC2016
Learn about the scientific study of psychic phenomena from those who are doing the research!
Course Start Date: 6 Jan 2016
If you're interested in the scientific study of psychic phenomena and want to hear some of the best and brightest international researchers in the field talk about their own research, and have access to discussions with a wide group of participants from students to new researchers to experiencers, then this is the course for you.
Following on the extraordinary success of last year's WizIQ MOOC Parapsychology and Anomalistic Psychology: Research and Education (also known as ParaMOOC2015), this year's MOOC will include over 15 guest lecturers, 4 presentations from the organizers, 4 to 5 discussion forums while the live classes are being given, monthly discussion forums on topics of the students' choice for six months after the live portion of the course is finished, at least 16 downloadable PowerPoint presentations, additional materials such as YouTube tutorials, recommended videos, a recommended book list, and certificates of completion.
Anyone who has an interest in the scientific and academic side of parapsychology and psychical research is invited to attend. No prerequisites or qualifications are required for the course, just your interest and enthusiasm for the topic.
The ParaMOOC series is a completely unique introduction to international scientists and academic researchers who work on a variety of phenomena including extrasensory perception, telepathy, near-death experiences, reincarnation, distant mental influence on living systems (the part of the field that addresses psychic healing), clairvoyance, mediumship, survival research and more.
The only way to have access to this kind of expertise and to these knowledgeable individuals outside of this course is to pay to attend the annual conferences of the Parapsychological Association, the Society for Psychical Research, the Society for Scientific Exploration, and the International Association for Near Death Studies, among other such organizations.
In this free WizIQ-based MOOC, not only will students have an opportunity to hear similar accomplished researchers talk about their own work, for live attendees there also will be plenty of time for questions after every talk. Those who can't join us in the live sessions will have access to the recordings of the presentations within hours of the live talk, as well as access to PowerPoint presentations, additional materials, as well as the course discussion page and each other on a 24/7 basis.
Here are the people who have confirmed their participation as guest lecturers as of January 5th, 2016 (more will be added later):
- Professor Emeritus Dr. Antonia Mills of the University of British Columbia in Canada will discuss both her own research and Dr. Ian Stevenson's work with children who remember previous lives.
- Dr. William Everist of Pima County College in Tucson, Arizona, USA will talk about his mediumship research and mediumship in general.
- Dr. David Luke of the University of Greenwich in England will speak about psychedelics and ESP (extrasensory perception).
- Professor Dr. Bernard Carr of Queen Mary College, University of London will discuss hyperdimensional ideas that might explain or at least accommodate psychic phenomena.
- Dr. Ginette Nachman will talk about mind-body medicine and non-local influences in healing.
- Professor Emeritus Erlendur Haraldsson of the University of Iceland will review his work studying apparitions of the dead.
- Dr. Stephan Schmidt of the University of Freiburg will cover research on distant intentions.
- Dr. Jan Holden of the University of North Texas will speak about near-death experiences with an overview of past research and some recent studies.
- Dr. Renaud Evrard of the University of Lorraine in France will discuss clinical aspects of exceptional experiences.
- Dr. Arnaud DeLorme who has appointments at both the Paul Sabatier University in Toulouse, France and at the University of California in San Diego, will talk about the psychophysiology and neuroscience of mediumship.
- Dr. Serena Roney-Dougal of the Psi Research Centre in Glastonbury, Somerset, England will speak about meditation and psi.
- Dr. Patrizio Tressoldi of the University of Padova in Italy will cover ESP and generalized quantum theory.
- Dr. Carlos S. Alvarado will discuss recent trends in historical writings about parapsychology and,
- Dr. Nancy L. Zingrone will introduce students to scientific and academic research with a geographical overview of university units, private research centers, and individuals who are currently working on some aspect of psychic phenomena and belief.
Students who attend or view all the lectures and take part in discussions will come away from the course with a good understanding of the various people, topics, research methodologies and findings that are at the core of scientific and academic parapsychology. They will have a better understanding of the importance of psychic phenomena, who experiences them, and what they have to say about our nature as human beings. Students will also come to know about the connections of the field of parapsychology to other more mainstream sciences in a wide group of countries and cultures. And finally, if ParaMOOC2016 is as successful as last year's course on WizIQ (which has over 1000 enrollees at the moment), students will also have the opportunity to meet, get to know, and share their interests and experiences with a wide group of people from all over the world.
While the course does not prepare individuals for any formal certifications or exams specifically, students can work toward a certificate of completion or a certificate of completion with distinction issued by the Parapsychology Foundation.
Language of instruction: English